Position: Center Assistant
Program and Location: Ogallala
Position Summary: The Center Assistant provides support to staff. The Center Assistant is responsible to, and under the direct supervision of the Center Director
- Assist in classroom as needed by implementing daily lesson plan, assisting in record keeping, documentation, providing classroom breaks.
- Assist cook with meal preparation, as needed, or perform cook duties in his/her absence.
- Assist staff with ensuring food, kitchen, and classroom inventories are stocked.
- Be actively engaged in all Head Start activities and model appropriate behavior.
- Assist in implementation of oral health practices if applicable.
- Deliver meals and snacks to classrooms and assist in classrooms during mealtime.
- Purchase program supplies as approved by the Center Director and submit vouchers in a timely manner.
- Ensure laundry is done daily
- High School diploma or GED. Consideration will be given to individuals working towards GED.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public and agency employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Model appropriate and professional behavior
Schedule/Hours: 20 hours per week for 41 weeks per year. (August – May), Monday-Friday.
Pay Rate: $10.38 per hour. Benefits are not available for this position.
For more information, call (308) 221-6920 and ask for Tonni or email firstname.lastname@example.org