Position: RYDE Driver
Program and Location: RYDE Transit, Lexington
Position Summary: RYDE Transit Drivers offer safe and timely curbside pick-up and delivery of riders.
- Safe and defensive operation of transit vehicles.
- Adherence to all laws governing the operations of motor vehicles in the state of Nebraska.
- Safety of all passengers: enforcement of the use all policies pertaining to the safe and efficient operations of transit vehicles.
- Customer service agent for the agency.
Tasks and Duties:
- Operate vehicles in transit service, within and between cities.
- Provide safe transportation for the general public.
- Provide short term and long term preventative maintenance and service including, but not limited to: checking and filling fluids, performing pre and post trip inspections as directed and cleaning, as needed.
- Prepare, maintain, and submit in a timely fashion, reports as needed by various agency departments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s license. CDL not required.
- Good driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screen.
- Must pass pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and lift.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task.
- Promote a positive and enthusiastic image.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public as well as with other agency employees.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
Schedule/Hours: Looking for part-time and substitute drivers. Part time hours would be 10-15 hours per week and substitutes are on call, as needed. All hours are Monday – Friday.
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour. Benefits are not available for this position.
For more information call (308) 865-5677 and ask for Charles or email firstname.lastname@example.org.