Position: Teacher Aide
Program and Location: All Head Start Centers, North Platte
Position Summary: The Teacher Aide is responsible for providing teacher support in the classroom. The Teacher Aide also provides a safe, pleasant, active learning, and problem-solving environment.
- Ensure duties are complete if the Teacher or Teacher Assistant is absent
- Assist in classroom management and lesson planning/implementation
- Assist in implementation of the curriculum including active learning and practices that are developmentally appropriate.
- Assist in implementation of oral health practices
- Be actively engaged in all Head Start activities and model appropriate behavior
Tasks and Duties:
- Assist in daily classroom activities and provide classroom support.
- Document and report child abuse and neglect if observed first hand.
- Assist with completion of Child Development Plans, if applicable.
- Assist in ensuring ongoing and end of the year transition activities occur.
- Assist teacher in ensuring that the child growth assessments are completed.
- Assist in tracking daily attendance.
- Assist with annual update of center inventory.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience teaching preschool-age children in a child care environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public and agency employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Model appropriate and professional behavior
Schedule/Hours: 20 Hours per week for 48 weeks per year (August-May), Monday-Friday.
Pay Rate: $10.38 per hour. Benefits are not available for this position.
For more information, call (308) 221-6920 and ask for Tonni or email email@example.com